Thursday, November 29, 2007

"Sargon III" - 3D Maya

It's my creature project done after reading Alias' Hyper-Realistic Creature book.


Finally, this Lobster Man has endured the many tweaks I made for this anim. demo. I envisioned this shot as a single tableau to focus on buggy movements and some quick action. Then I realized this guy needs to have a lip-sync performance done on a separate shot! The Pan's Labyrinth movie inspired me to mimic a fairy-talesque insect creature. I hope you like it.

1 comment:

Stuart Livingston said...

Wow very impressive work dude. I love the model - it must've taken you some time alright :). I'm really digging the animation in the beginning and the closeup stuff towards the end. There are a lot of jerky movements I can notice in the middle area, such as the movement of his claws in the air. It could use some better slow-ins and outs to distinguish the weight of the figure. Overall very good effort for such a complicated animation. You did the lighting too man? you are a CG machine haha.